Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Green Onions

I've been spending a lot of time at my parents' house on the weekends. It won't be long before I move two states away from home, so I'm trying to soak up as much family time as possible in these waning weeks. As a result, I find myself driving back to my house most Sunday evenings. A local radio station (94.9FM for those in Kansas City) has a weekly Golden Oldies Party (aka hits from the Fifties and early Sixties) that coincides with my weekly drive across the city. I'm a sucker for oldies tunes, especially the early rock'n'roll hits. Last night, the song "Green Onions" by Booker T & The MG's came on the radio. It's got to be one of the greatest instrumentals of all time, not to mention it leads into one of my favorite scenes in The Sandlot ("You play ball like a girl!!!"). If you don't know the song I'm talking about, enjoy it out below.

- Joel

No comments: