Monday, September 8, 2008


I found out about a new blog today - Halz Has A Say - which led to a new music discovery. I'm obviously late on this one, considering that Halz posted this back on June 23, but better late than never. Here's what she wrote about this mixtape that lays The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds on top of J. Dilla beats:
UK producer Bullion fuses the The Beach Boy's Pet Sounds, and J Dilla's beats. I know it's been around awhile. For those who haven't heard it in its entirety, download this summer-friendly mix.
The mixtape is called Pet Sounds: In the Key of Dee and it is definitely worth a listen. Download it here. In the Key of Dee reminds me a lot of Danger Mouse's The Grey Album, but maybe not quite as coherent as The Grey Album. Summer may be on its way out, but the mixtape is definitely worth a run through. "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is my jam off the tape. Definitely could be dropped at a club and get the hipsters bobbing their heads in their skinny jeans and Chucks.

Thanks to Halz for the heads up and thanks to Allison for introducing me to the Halz's blog.

- Joel

No comments: