Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Day '09

Today was a success.  Really success was the only option - because we were out in the community doing something, anything, to show people they are loved.  More than 30 people braved the cold on beautifully clear day to pass out lunches to those less fortunate living in the community of downtown Kansas City.  My best estimate is that 150-200 lunches were distributed today!  Wow, it starts with 10 lunches.  Now it's 150.  What could be next?

Above is a picture from this morning, graciously shared by Tammy Hughes.  As I get more pictures, I'll share some here on the blog.  Also, a reporter and photographer from the Kansas City stopped by to do a story on the group.  I'll share a link to that story as soon it is up.

This is still only the beginning.  I can't wait to see what happens next...

- Joel

No comments: