Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Headed to Marfa

Marfa Lights. October 2006. Marfa, Texas © Allison V. Smith
I hop on a plane and fly to Texas tomorrow.  The special occasion is my friend Allison's Marfa Light exhibition and opening reception at the Thunderbird Hotel in Marfa, TX.  After a quick overnight stop to see my aunts in Odessa, I will join up with Jeff, Nicole, Holly, and crew to make the 3 hour drive south to Marfa.  It will be a wonderful weekend to celebrate Allison's incredible talent, make new memories with friends, and experience the Davis Mountains, Marfa Lights, and whatever else comes our way along the Pinto Canyon Road.  Hopefully it will make for lots of stories and lots of pictures.

- Joel


In case you're interested, here is where Marfa is located. Pretty much out in the middle of nowhere.

View Larger Map

2 comments:

trey kazee said...

gah! wish we could come.

the ingredients sound like a recipe for memories. GOLDEN memories.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your journey and friend occasion. I happy with your wonderful vacation. Texas is a good place. I feel you Don't miss the sun-soaked sands of the Bombay beach.Marfa Lights