Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Love Day '09?

This was also posted on the 10 Lunches Blog.  But maybe a few more people read this blog.  It's time to start inviting other people to join me on this quest to serve the less fortunate.  So far, my brother and sister have each joined me on a trip to pass out lunches.  Tomorrow, my friend Conner is joining me on another trip downtown.  Next it's time to rally more troops.

So I'm dreaming up next steps. Here is my idea - Love Day '09. We could rally people to make 10 lunches of their own (or 4 lunches or 32 lunches or whatever), meet up downtown before lunch time on Valentine's Day, and pass out the lunches to the less fortunate. Why not show some love on Valentine's Day?  Plus, it's a Saturday, so more people would be available.

It wouldn't have to be exclusive to Kansas City. If people were interested in doing it other places, that would be cool too.

Let me know if you are interested - joelrthomason@gmail.com or 10lunches@gmail.com or just post a comment to this blog post.

- Joel

1 comment:

trey kazee said...

slightly off-topic, but right up the same alley: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/a_national_day_of_renewal_and_reconciliation/

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century."