Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Buck

It's been a crazy week hence the hiatus from blogging. I ended my job in Kansas City last Thursday and spent most of the week boxing up my things. Over the weekend, with the help of my mom, sister, brother, and brother's girlfriend, I trucked my stuff 700 miles down Interstate 35 and into the Hyde Park neighborhood of Austin. Now I'll be enjoying the rest of summer floating between Kansas City, Watercolor (Florida), Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado), and Austin.

The first thing on my to-do list this week is to see Buck, a documentary about a man who in spirte of, or because of, an abusive past became a "horse-whisperer" of unparalleled genius. I'm a sucker for horse movies, however the horses in this film serve as a metaphor for something deeper and more meaningful. Check out the trailer below.

- Joel

No comments: