Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Christmas is my favorite season, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. My family, all 25+ of us, pile into the same house for 3 or 4 days and bust through a tradition list that continues to grow. Here are some of our traditions...

Turkey dinner (obviously)
Run a 5K Thanksgiving morning
Football (playing and watching)
Hearts (the card game)
Nerts (another card game)
Basketball at the rec center
Busting open a pinata (see photo above)
Passing out Christmas lists
Mexican dinner on Friday night (I do a backwards roll out of my chair at this meal. It's quite a sight)
Go to a movie as a family
Chex Mix
Chili supper on Wednesday night (which is tonight. I can't wait)
Video games
My uncle always reads our list of traditions
A round of frisbee golf
Celebrate my Aunt Mary's birthday
And the list goes on and on....

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Joel

1 comment:

abby! said...

I think we're going to have to add going to Zona Rosa the night of Thanksgiving to the list. It'll be the third year this year!

I laughed out loud at work when I read and pictured in my brain you rolling out of your chair at Rancho.