Monday, May 3, 2010

BSS - Forgiveness Rock Record

I'm sure there will be a debate in the indie world about the quality of this album. I've already read a few blogs that say Pitchfork's rating of Forgiveness Rock Record by Broken Social Scene was far too high. I'll let you decide for yourself. If you are going to purchase any album this week, this is the one to get. I've been a fan of these Canadians since first hearing You Forgot It In People back in college (PS - it's terrible that I can now say "back in college"). Their Halloween show in Lawrence, KS with Leslie Feist ranks as one of the top 3 greatest shows I've ever seen (Daniel would back me up). So I may be biased, but that's ok. See what you think.

FYI - if you buy the album on iTunes, you also get a 10 song EP at no additional cost. Maybe the EP also comes with physical copies in stores. I don't know, I couldn't wait long enough to find out.

- Joel







No comments: