Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Law School

So the LSAT went well. Better than expected by far. And now suddenly schools that I hear about in movies or read about in history books are suddenly within the realm of possibility for me to attend. Still, I realize that most people don't like lawyers, or don't think they like lawyers. That's not who I want to be. But who do I want to be? Over the past few months, after rereading the book A Million Miles In A Thousand Years, I've begun to keep up with a man mentioned in the book named Bob Goff. Bob is an attorney, but he's not a typical attorney. He's creative and lively and writes an incredible story with his life, which includes working for justice on behalf of wrongly accused children in Africa. Bob is actually the man who made up the parade that I featured a few posts ago. He is the kind of law man I want to be someday (assuming I get into law school). You can read more about what he's doing here.

- Joel

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

That's amazing man.

"A Million Miles..." played an instrumental role in my(& Christie's) heading out to Seattle.

Excited to hear about what the coming months have in store for you, and what school you end up in.

Joel said...

Thanks man. I've applied to 12 schools all around the country. I'm excited to see what happens.