Saturday, January 1, 2011

Favorite Albums of 2010

I like to sum up my favorites from the year's music. Here are my top nine for 2010. There were a lot of others that I enjoyed, but none that I felt strong enough to put in a Top 10 list.

- Joel

1. Beach House - Teen Dream
2. Sleigh Bells - Treats
3. The Walkmen - Lisbon
4. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
5. The National - High Violet
6. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
7. Vampire Weekend - Contra
8. Best Coast - Crazy For You
9. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
**yep, I know. I don't claim to be an advocate of Katy Perry, but I have to admit that no other top 40 record had me tapping my feet like this one.

Honorable Mention
The Black Keys - Brothers
Girl Talk - All Day
Glasser - Ring
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
**"Tightrope" was my favorite song of the year.
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Laura Veirs - July Flame
The Morning Benders - Big Echo
The Radio Dept. - Clinging To A Scheme
Spoon - Transference
Taylor Swift - Speak Now

No comments: