Saturday, May 17, 2008

Do you need backup?

I bought a MacBook today. I can't tell you how exciting it is to walk out of the Apple store with a product in hand. This has only happened twice in my entire life (once was getting an iPhone a month ago and the second was today). Props to my friend Cassie for the moral support throughout all the excitement.

A few thoughts for today...Death Cab For Cutie will never top Transatlanticism. That album, in my opinion, should be considered one of the all time great independent records. I'm done comparing Death Cab's subsequent work to Transatlanticism. (Also, We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes is a great record) Instead, I'm taking their music at face value. And I really like the song "Bixby Canyon Bridge" off of the new album.

Second thought, Kanye's new Nike shoes are nuts. I will most likely buy a pair when they come out. Below is a picture of the shoes. Kanye is completely obsessed with himself, but he is definitely one of the more creative minds in the pop world right now.

Finally, I've started watching How I Met Your Mother on DVD. It's really funny.

- Joel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jealous of your Macbook... that's all there is to it.