Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Brazos

Last night I introduced my favorite music venue, The Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS, to my brother Cory. We made the trek to Lawrence to see one of my favorite bands of the day, The Walkmen. Other than the fact that the show didn't let out until midnight (and we had a 45 minute drive home), it was one of my favorite shows I've been to in quite awhile. The Walkmen do it right when you see them live. The surprise of the evening, however, was the opening act. The Walkmen are currently touring with Japandroids (my ears are still ringing from their set, and I will not be listening to their music any time soon), yet it was the third band Brazos, added late to the bill, that caught our attention. They hail from Austin, Texas and reminded us a lot of Local Natives. Check out a few tunes below. And go see The Walkmen if you have the opportunity.

- Joel

Brazos - "Day Glo" (link removed by request)
Brazos - "Tell" (link removed by request)

No comments: