Monday, October 26, 2009

Harry Potter

It's not cool to admit this, but I just finished the Harry Potter book series. My girlfriend loves the books, and, back in September, I decided to commit to reading all seven books in the series as an act of love towards her. Six weeks later I have completed the entire series. In spite of the fact that I have never been interested in magic or wizardry, I found the Harry Potter series to be a compelling read, full of unexpected plot twists, extensive character development, and the timeless scenario of good versus evil. J.K. Rowling's storytelling ability evolves and improves as the series progresses. My favorite book was series finale Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. Though I was skeptical and embarrassed to read these books, I found them throughly enjoyable. Take a few months to leisurely read through the series and you won't regret it.

- Joel

No comments: