Saturday, November 15, 2008

Let It Snow

Photo

It snowed in Kansas City today - first snow of the season. It wasn't a real snow, just a dusting. But as I waited in the cold for the Pilgrim Pacer 5K run to start this morning, and the wind swept across Shawnee Mission Park, it was fun to see the tiny little snowflakes. By the way, apparently I placed 7th in my age group (20-29 year old men) and 16th overall. Who knew? It's probably because most of the serious runners were running the 10K or Half-Marathon options.

For those who think Kansas City is sooo cold and sooo far North, it's not. This is pretty early to get snow flurries. The real stuff doesn't come until January or February. Then, as Pusha would say, "While I'm shovelin' the snow man, call me Frosty." But I don't think he was talking about the same kind of snow.

- Joel

1 comment:

abby! said...

It flurried here too! Good thing, I would have been ticked if I missed the first KC snow without getting some of my own...