Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happenings Lately

I got a new camera today - actually two new cameras. One is digital - a Canon PowerShot SX100IS - and the other a Holga. I have yet to learn how to load the film in the Holga, but I did go take a few pictures this evening after work. I'm putting a few up here on the blog to document my progress as I learn how to use my camera and learn about photography in general. These certainly are nothing spectacular.

In other news, here are the books (and short stories) I've read lately as well as the music I've bought.

Books:
Death By A Meeting by Patrick Lencioni - great leadership book on how to approach and facilitate meetings
Short Stories by Flannery O'Connor - I've read Good Country People, A Good Man Is Hard to Find, Geranium, and Everything That Rises Must Converge

Music:
Something For All of Us by Broken Social Scene Presents Brendan Canning
Hercules and Love Affair by Hercules and Love Affair
Re-Up Gang by Clipse Presents Re-Up Gang

Also, I've been addicted to the band Spoon lately. Each of their last three albums (Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, Gimme Fiction, and Kill The Moonlight) are all worth listening to.

- Joel


1 comment:

abby! said...

Nice! I like these a lot!!!