Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hot Chocolate and Hot Lines



This post is dedicated to two things that I like. First, Quik Trip hot chocolate. I could devote the entire post to relishing the majesty that each Quik Trip drink possesses, but I will refrain because that post could take years. That's how good Quik Trip drinks are. So today I will focus on one - hot chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker, so Starbucks has a limited appeal to me. I only like their hot chocolate. Yet, I've noticed a rapid decline in Starbucks hot chocolate over the past few years. It isn't as thick as it used to be - too much water not enough chocolate. Plus, I don't want to pay $3 for hot chocolate. Enter Quik Trip. For $1.25 I can enjoy 24 ounces of hot chocolate heaven. If you can't drink that much, don't worry, they offer 20 oz. and 16 oz. sizes as well. So instead of going to Starbucks, paying $3, and requesting my drink "extra hot" just to insure it is warm, I'll go to Quik Trip and leave with a piping hot drink and a friendly "See ya later."

Thing #2 that I like: datpiff.com. I'll admit, I was a little late to the mixtape party, but I've become obsessed with rap mixtapes. This site is the place to go. They're all free, and you can find pretty much anything you could ever want. Right now I'm hooked on Lupe Fiasco (I still haven't gotten into Da Drought 3, sorry). Datpiff may perform the ultimate feat as well - getting my youngest brother into rap music. After hearing some of Lupe's mixtapes, he is finally warming to the notion that rap is worth his time. Check it out, datpiff.com, the best place to go when you're waiting for the next big album to come out. Plus, you can always find Lil' Wayne's mixtape of the week. By the way, I just saw Clinton Sparks, Mr. Get Familiar, on E! - totally not what I was expecting.

- Joel

No comments: