Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This American Life

A lot of my friends were listening to This American Life long before I was. They are way cooler than me. It's only been in the last two months that I've become a weekly listener of this NPR gem. I can't say I listen to it live; most often I listen to the podcast on my way to or from work. Still, I find myself recounting TAL's stories over and over. Like the one about the guy who infected himself with African tapeworms to cure his debilitating asthma. Or the one about the hedge fund who made a killing by betting against their own sub-prime mortgage investments. Or the one about priest who became a "fixer" amidst the Catholic church's plague of sexual misconduct. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should start listening to the show. Take it from me, it's never too late to join the bandwagon. Find the podcasts on iTunes (they're free and there is a new one every week) or listen through the archives on the This American Life website. Every week is an interesting story.

- Joel

No comments: